The Jeopardy PowerPoint can be an
excellent tool to use in the classroom to review and/or learn new content.
Students seem to love it because it is interactive
and is a non-traditional teaching technique. You are receiving a blank copy
of the file and the instructions below will guide you through the process of
modifying it for your classroom.
- Safe the Jeopardy Template
(above) to your network folder
- Open PowerPoint
- When PowerPoint opens choose Open an existing
presentation and click OK.
- A window will pop up. Find the jeopardy.ppt file.
- Click Open
- The Jeopardy PowerPoint file opens showing the first
slide. It looks like the Jeopardy Game Show board.
- Click on the first block which says “Category
Heading”. Type your first column heading..i.e. Vocabulary
- Repeat step 6 renaming each category heading
- After completing steps 6 and 7, you are now ready to
begin entering your questions and answers. On the Jeopardy game show
contestants receive the answer and must give the question. If you wish to
give the students the question and have them answer it…it’s OK….it’s your
- Let’s enter questions. Scroll
to the next slide. Slide 2 is your first answer, Slide 3 will be your
first question…and so on.
- The best procedure for adding questions and answers
is to write them down in a list.
- Refer to your list as you’re entering questions and
answers on each page and you shouldn’t get lost. Look below the buttons
in the bottom left corner to see what slide you’re on.
- Click on each slide in the “Click to Add Title” box
and enter your question or answer. Repeat through Slides 2-51. Save it
and you’re done.